Clair M. Stewart
FREE Phone Consultation
Call Us: 215-964-8183

Covid-19 Information
We are open for business and consulting with new clients and accepting referrals. We are communicating with clients, attorneys and courts via telephone, email, fax and FaceTime.  We are still working on all files.  Please email or fax any paperwork to us. Although most courts are closed we can still file certain documents and have some emergency petitions heard.  Feel free to contact us about any new issues or your current matter.
Be Well and Safe!

Attorney at Law


  1. What if I die without a Will?
    Dying without a will means that you are "intestate". Therefore the Commonwealth, not you, will decide how your property is to be distributed. First, your jointly held property passes on to other joint owners. Then your property will be divided between your intestate heirs (i.e. spouse, children, siblings), according to the intestate laws of the Commonwealth. You will have no control over who will or will not receive anything from your estate.
  2. Can I disinherit my spouse or children?
    In Pennsylvania, unless you have a post or prenuptial agreement, your spouse has a right to a portion of your estate, even if you disinherit your spouse in your will. However, you can disinherit your children.
  3. Should I ignore the telephone calls and letters I get in the mail from debt collection agencies?
    Absolutely not. You should answer the phone if they call you. You need to know the reason why they are calling and WHO is calling you to collect a debt. If you ignore them, they may file a lawsuit against you. If you do not show up for your court date they may win a default judgment against you. The key to successfully defending a credit card lawsuit is to get legal representation to defend your consumer rights! You need an experienced attorney such as Clair M. Stewart to defend you so contact us today!
  4. Can a credit card company garnish my paycheck?
    Generally no. But first the creditor must obtain a judgment against you. After obtaining a judgment, a creditor cannot garnish your wages if you live and work in Pennsylvania but they can freeze bank accounts that you own (except those owned with your spouse). If you live in Pennsylvania but work in another state, your paycheck may be garnished if your employer has no offices in Pennsylvania.